01 May 2009

Project: Legitimize Shoe Habit

so I realized that for a few months now I spent $10/day for a mediocre lunch at work. DOOD that was $230/month I could have spent on shoes!!

To develop a better habit of bringing my own lunch and save money/eat more nutritiously...I established an incentive plan for myself:

For everyday that I DON'T buy lunch/coffee/snacks I put that money into a Shoe Fund instead:
$3 a day if I purchased a prepackaged lunch (microwavable, premade sandwich)
$4 a day if I made my own meal (or a meal made by roomates..that I took leftovers for : P)

MY PROGRESS FOR APRIL:



AND MY REWARD : ) BTW these shoes are surprisingly comfortable. The sole is usually really tough on Old Navy Sandals, but these are comF



Statistically, if you repeat an activity for 30 days it becomes a habit. I hope this will be too! I plan to get some killer heels in May : )

Janet

P.S. I'll be posting up some ridic DIY projects soon hhehehe

1 comment:

Jessica said...

dude thats some intense saving. but seriously eating out everyday gets soooo expensive.
good luck witht aht! i wish i had the will power to save like that.

so for your NY trip... basically just read this girls blog. she goes to all the nice good restaurants in NY. http://www.maisondesreveries.com/

:)